BEDROCK CAPITAL MANAGEMENT helping you sell your business
One of the first decisions to be made with respect to selling your business is regarding hiring a deal advisor, also known as an intermediary, or investment banker. This is someone who manages the sale process, providing services that help you complete a transaction. Bedrock Capital Management (Bedrock) can run the sale of your business process.
Bedrock provides years of consulting experience to prepare your business for a sale.
Our experts prepare all your materials, function as your deal’s back office staff, negotiate your transaction, and lead due diligence.
Why hire an M&A Advisor to help you sell your business?
Ultimately, someone has to do the work. There is going to be a (seemingly) endless amounts of data to produce and decisions to make. Processing the deal properly can take 20 to 40 hours/week and often this volume of work continues for a period of months. Bedrock has participated in numerous transactions and has the knowledge and expertise to manage the process from beginning to end. We share this knowledge not to scare you, but to let you know we are here to help you through this process to achieve your goals.
To help you self-diagnose, begin by asking yourself these important questions:
- Who will source potential buyers, vet them, sort them based on viability, field requests, and arrange for phone calls and site visits?
- Who is going to gather and organize the complete history of my firm? This includes detailed financials stretching back at least a decade, customer contracts, vendor contracts, employment agreements, legal actions (threatened or pressed), and real estate agreements.
- Who will negotiate the deal, including the business decisions for the letter of intent, the subsequent due diligence, and final paperwork? There are roughly five hundred decisions that will need to be made/negotiated during the process.
- Who is going to keep me emotionally in check during the lengthy process?
- Who will be focused on the transaction and proactively push the deal forward on my side of the table? What happens if that person fails?
- Who will I call when I’m not sure who to call? (Other than Ghostbusters…)
It is clear – an intermediary is necessary.
Selling your business is a big decision.
The most effective course of action is to select an intermediary who has the firepower to get the job done, will select for the right buyer, and will gel with your resources. They should fit you and not the other way around – Bedrock can fulfill this role.
Great intermediaries, like Bedrock, have a thorough understanding of each company they represent. They’ve spent time building trust and understanding. They present opportunities honestly. They’ve prepared their client to understand the challenges of selling and tempered their expectations. Most importantly, they have committed to finding the right buyer — not the easiest one or the one that earns them the quickest commission cheque.
Like hiring a great employee, hiring the right intermediary is important. Bedrock will walk you through their approach and process. Bedrock will discuss their experience in your industry, geographic region, company size, and help you determine the preferred target buyer type. Bedrock will assist you to evaluate whether you will be comfortable working through an arduous process with them. Ultimately, Bedrock believes it has the best incentives and will get you to the best outcome. We look forward to working together.